OECD prepared a short list of tax measures recommended for governments to overcome the economic consequences of the crisis. Among them:
- the abolition or reduction of social taxes from the payroll and self-employed;
- tax concessions for workers in health and other emergency-related sectors;
- Providing additional time for dealing with tax affairs, adjusting tax filing and payment requirements and advance payment schemes, etc.
- Deferring payments of VAT, customs or excise duties for imported items;
- Speeding up refunds of excess input VAT and tax refunds;
- Simplifying procedures for some taxes such as property taxes and business turnover taxes;
- Increasing the generosity of loss–carry backward
Many countries have already prepared or are in the process of adopting special bailout package of laws.